The Borre style flourished from about 840 to 980, and is named after the bridle mounts from Borre in Norway. The style has three main elements, the most obvious being the ring-chain motif: a two-stranded plait whose intersections are bound by a ring. Secondly there is a type of gripping beast with a ribbon body whose claws clasp the frame in which it is placed, and finally a backward-looking quadruped with spirals on its hips and a pigtail. While other styles of Norse art show exterior influences, the Borre style appears to have been fully created in the Norse home lands. Samples have been found that were produced in Iceland, England, and Russia, showing the extent to which the style spread across the Norse dominions.
This pendant is a replica of real medieval pendant found in England, Norfolk, Little Snoring.
Borre Style Viking Pendant can also be made in 585 gold.
We can implement your any idea – just send us a letter describing your wishes via contact form.
- Handling time is 1-3 working days
- For made to order items manufacturing time is 1-4 weeks
- Regular shipping time for USA, GB, Japan and most EU destinations is 2 weeks. Shipping to Canada and Australia can take significantly longer time up to 6 weeks.
- All jewelry is shipped at a flat rate of $7
- We ship worldwide
- Returns are accepted for whatever reason within 30 days since delivery, just contact us and we'll guide you throughout return process.